In this His Secret Obsession Review, I am going to give you my unbiased review of this unique book by James Bauer.
I know that a lot of people have been raving about this book and how it has helped to improve their love life. That’s why I’ve decided to let you into my experience.
In His Secret Obsession Review, I will be unveiling the Pros and Cons of this book to give you all the details you need to make a decision.
After reading through His Secret Obsession Review, you can decide to opt for it or pass off. The final decision is completely up to you.
Before I get started…
I have a question for you.
How many times have we heard the phrase, “All men want is sex?”
Well, when I was 17 years old I was sure it was true. When I was 23 years old, I suspected it might not be true. And now that I’m 29 years old, I know it’s not true.
Now don’t get me wrong, sex can be wonderful at any age, but there’s something more important than sex.
Yes, you read that right.
It’s something that men have difficulty admitting and women have difficulty giving.
This understanding has dawned on me slowly and became most evident to me in my men’s group. I’ve been meeting regularly with six other guys for several years and sex has been a topic that has run through our discussions over the years.
Like all guys, we are somewhat competitive and we all want to be seen as successful, but we also have learned to be honest with each other. We not only talk about our sexual successes, but also our failures, fears, and confusions.
I’ve always known that wanting sex was synonymous with being a man. In high school, I remember overhearing a girl I liked talking about a guy we both knew. She wasn’t complaining that he was preoccupied with sex, but that he “didn’t come on to me as other guys do.” She went on to tell her girlfriend, “He’s not being very manly.” The message was clear, “real men” want sex and if you don’t “come on” to a girl, you’re not a real man.
This early lesson was validated through the years: Always wanting sex is the mark of manliness for many. It’s better to be turned down again and again and be seen as a jerk who is totally preoccupied with sex than to want something more than sex and be seen as “less than a man.”
So, what do men want more than sex?
Well, I will answer that question in a bit.
But first, I’ll like to introduce you to a new book that offers a new — and somewhat controversial — approach for women seeking love.
His Secret Obsession by James Bauer is a powerful relationship guide that is available in downloadable PDF or audiobook versions.
The book tackles the issues that affect women around the world, including:
- Why men can lose interest in a woman after the initial attraction wears off
2. Why men are reluctant to commit long term, even when the early signs of relationship seem so promising
3. Why men can pull away suddenly and stop communicating with their partners.
The central assertion of His Secret Obsession is that men are driven by instinctive needs, even if they are not consciously aware of them.
James Bauer calls this ‘The Hero Instinct’. And he claims that it’s up to women to bring this to the fore. In fact, he says a man will be drawn to any woman who makes him feel it.
According to ‘The Hero Instinct’, men are driven by these three things:
- To live a meaningful life and feel appreciated for his efforts
2. To provide for those he cares about in life, including his family, friends and especially his romantic partner
3. To be respected by his peers.
You see…there’s a lot more a man desires other than sex.
In short, men want to be a hero. And more importantly, they want to be your hero.
Who is James Bauer?
James Bauer is a successful author and last year I read another one of his earlier books, What Men Secretly Want (which is a great book in itself).
He got his start as a trained psychologist. Learning about the intricacies of men and women’s brains and how they differ, Bauer became a relationship coach. For the past 12 years, he’s worked with thousands of men and women to help strengthen their relationships.
By carefully studying their cases, James Bauer discovered what he believes is the secret to developing a long-term, satisfying relationship. His approach is based on his personal experience as a therapist and basic human psychology.
He has distilled all of this knowledge into this book, His Secret Obsession
So What’s Special About This Book?
His Secret Obsession makes a persuasive argument that men want to feel like heroes.
However, the best aspect of the book — and what sets it apart from other dating guides on the market — is that it actually describes step-by-step how to do it. This is a practical guide with simple, actionable strategies you can use to awaken the hero in any man.
While the first part of the book is all about the hero instinct in men, the second part is a workbook that helps you apply these techniques in your own relationship.
I won’t give these tips and strategies away, as that wouldn’t be fair to the author of the book, but what I can say is that they are practical and easy to action.
They will help you to:
- Get the guy you want to commit to you
2. Gain his love and devotion over the long term
3. If you’ve been through a break-up, rekindle his interest in you and get him to chase you again.
Just to be clear: The book isn’t about silly mind games. There’s no manipulation involved. And you certainly don’t need to pretend to be someone you’re not.
Instead, it’s about showing a man what your needs are and allowing him to step up to the plate and fulfill them. By following the strategies outlined in this book, you’re simply fulfilling his desire for meaning, respect, and being a provider.
Your man will feel better about himself and he will see you in a whole new light — which will only lead to a better relationship between the two of you.
What Do I think about “His Secret Obsession”?
This book is extremely comprehensive with over 200 pages and it is also easy to read. There were a lot of examples that kept me engaged, and it never strayed into a too-far-off territory.
I’ve read a lot of dating books, and the best thing about His Secret Obsession is that I came across new ideas, tips, and strategies that I’ve never read about before.
Everything about the book is based on male psychology and practical examples.
James Bauer doesn’t pretend to be a dating “guru”. He simply outlines simple truths based on male psychology and his own experience working with women and men over the last 12 years.
The Pros of His Secret Obsession
1. This is the only dating book you’ll need: There’s a huge amount of insight contained in His Secret Obsession. With over 200 pages, bonus materials, and a workbook, there’s plenty of information to sort through. For some that can be overwhelming, but for me, it never felt like a chore to read through it all.
I learned a lot about how women should approaching dating and relationships and, surprisingly, I also learned a lot about myself.
2. The advice is practical: Throughout the book, James Bauer talks about the things women need to do to satisfy a man’s hero instinct. He uses real-world examples of women who have achieved incredibly successful outcomes by adopting these methods.
Remember James Bauer has worked with countless clients over the past 12 years and has seen first hand how his techniques work in reality.
3. His methods are research-based: Every claim in the book is backed up. For instance, each time he talked about why a man wants to feel like a protector, he backed it up with evidence.
Although there were a few times I thought something probably wouldn’t work on me, the reasoning behind it was always sound.
4. It’s easy to download: Because His Secret Obsession is an eBook, you don’t have to wait to get it in the mail. You can start reading it immediately.
5. There’s a money-back guarantee: Not everyone will love every dating guide out there, but with this one, there’s no risk. With a 60-day money-back guarantee, there’s not really anything to lose out on.
The Cons of His Secret Obsession
1. The author’s style was a bit condescending: This may be a personal thing, but I found the tone of writing a little condescending at times. Now, it could be because I was reading it as a guy and not a woman. But there were times it seemed like he was painting all men with the same brush.
2. It’s only on eBook/audio: For some people, a true book is a paperback. But His Secret Obsession is only available by eBook and audiobook.
3. The price: For an eBook, the price of $47 may raise a few eyebrows. Though it’s not a ton of money, it’s not a tub of yogurt either. On the flip side, it comes with more information than you’ll ever need.
James Bauer put a lot of work into this book and accompanying resources so I can understand the price tag.
So is “His Secret Obsession” worth it?
There are two things I look for when I recommend a new book.
- I want it to be thought-provoking and to learn new things
2. I want it to be VERY practical. (After all, there is little point in gaining a new perspective on something if you can’t apply it to everyday life)
The great part is…James Bauer delivers on both fronts.
Therefore, I think it’s well worth the price. $47 isn’t pocket change, but I haven’t come across a dating book as comprehensive or insightful as this one.
His Secret Obsession contains the wisdom of a relationship expert with 12 years in the industry, as well as tips and strategies based on concrete human psychology.
I learned a lot about myself and the things I subconsciously desire as a man, and I can only imagine how helpful this will be for women too.
If you’re struggling to get a man to commit or want a better relationship, His Secret Obsession may just become your secret weapon.
So What Do MEN Really Want?
Well, it’s not always about SEX, you need to understand His Secret Obsession
Disclaimer: Any link that is clicked throughout this article may be an affiliate link where I receive compensation. However, there is no extra cost on your path